Sign up & enrolling on a course
1. I’m logging in for the first time, how do I do this?
After you’ve added the URL to your browser and have arrived at the landing page, you can either select ‘Sign Up’ or ‘Register for your course now’
You will then be prompted to enter your full name, email address and a password
*If you wish to receive instructions and promotional materials, select the first statement – this is optional
*The second statement is compulsory to all you to access the site, so must be selected
Now Select ‘Sign Up’. You will now be viewing the platform as a ‘logged in user’
An email will have also been generated and sent to your email address and will require you to ‘Confirm Your Account’. If you cannot find the email, check your junk/spam email folder.
2. How do I enrol on a course?
Once logged in, select the course you’d like to enrol on by clicking on the course image
Scroll down the page and you’ll see ‘Choose a Pricing Option’, select ‘Enrol now’
Now select ‘Go to Course Curriculum’. This will take you straight to your course and you’re ready to start right away!
3. Is there a limit to how many courses I can enrol on?
No, there is no limit to the courses you can enrol in, as all of the courses are completely free! Once you have enrolled on a course, the courses will appear in your ‘My Courses’ tab.
Troubleshooting Login Issues
4. Why can’t I login?
If you’re previewing as a ‘logged-out user’ or as a user you don’t recognise, click the avatar icon and choose ‘Log out’.
Next, click the ‘Login’ button, and enter your username and password
You should now see My Courses and All Courses on the top-right of the screen
If you’re still unable to login, check your confirmation email, the sender will be Teachable, and the email address will be [email protected] If you cannot find the email, check your junk/spam email folder. If your account has been confirmed, you’ll be given steps to log in with that account.
5. Other steps to try
If you are logging in with a new device, you might be prompted to confirm the device via a confirmation code.
If you’re sure of your password and you’re still having trouble logging in, try performing a hard refresh of your browser then log in again. If that doesn’t work, try clearing your browser cache and log in again.
6. I forgot/lost my password.
If you’ve forgotten your password, you can reset it via the Teachable school admin.
Go to your school admin area and click Login.
In the login screen, click Forgot Password?
You’ll be asked to provide your email address, then click Send Me Instructions.
Once you receive the reset password email, open it and click Change my Password.
Follow the instructions to create a new password and you’re all set.
If you do not receive the reset password email, check your junk/spam folders. Additionally, we recommend that you add m.teachable.com and z.teachable.com to your email client's "safe sender" list. Then you can resend the password reset email.
7. How do I change my password or email address?
Changing your password:
Within the Teachable admin, perform the following steps:
- Click on your avatar, then choose Edit Profile
- In the Edit Profile screen, click the Edit Profile button on the far right
- Click Change Password
- Type in your new password, confirm the password, then enter your current password to confirm the change, and click Save changes
Changing your email address:
- Log into the admin for your school
- Click on your avatar, then choose Edit Profile
In the Edit Profile screen, click the Edit Profile button on the far right
- Click into the Email Address box and type the updated email address
- Enter your current password to confirm the change, and click Save changes
Information about the courses
8. How can I find the right course for me?
Every course has a description with information about the course to help you decide if this is the course for you! Simply select the image of the course you’d like to find out more information about, and the course description will explain all. Remember, there is no limit to the number of courses you can enrol in!
9. Is there a limit to the number of times I can watch a lesson?
We have no limits set for the number of times you can watch a lesson! Even if you have completed a course, you can still re-watch any lesson at any time!
10.My streaming device is old, can I improve the visual quality of the lesson I’m watching?
Yes you can! Some large desktop screens may show evidence of pixilation on the video. Simply select the ‘Settings Avator’ at the bottom right of the screen next to your scroll bar for playing the video and you will be offered a number of options to increase the frames per second. The general rule is the higher the number, the better the quality of the video visual. 1080p is the highest quality.
11.I’m a VI/Blind student, is your platform compatible with screen readers?
Teachable is working to become more accessible. When building new features, we consider guidance from specifications such as WAI-ARIA.
This allows many components of Teachable schools to work with screen readers and other industry-leading tools for improved accessibility.
Our Engineers test accessibility using VoiceOver on Chrome. However, in the future we hope to make our platform accessible with other major screenreaders such as NVDA and JAWS.
- WAI-ARIA stands for “Web Accessibility Initiative – Accessible Rich Internet Applications”. It is a set of attributes to help enhance the semantics of a web site or web application to help assistive technologies, such as screen readers for the blind, make sense of certain things that are not native to HTML.
12. I don’t have any special educational needs (SEND) or any disabilities, do you have any other online lessons?
Yes, we do have another Synergy Teachable platform for you to enjoy. Add the following URL to your browser to find out more: https://synergy-dance-online.teachable.com/
Want to know more about Synergy courses or you have a question?
Contact: [email protected]